This conversation about Mom’s spending habits was brought to you by zulily.
When we made the decision to start a family, I knew that having a baby would cost a lot of money. But I also knew that I was pretty savvy with the coupons and whatnot. Haha…little did I know! The expenses just kept coming (not that I’m obsessed with tiny shoes and little dresses or anything…) Luckily, a great way to save on baby gear, clothing, toys and more wasn’t hard to find. Right around the time I became a mom, I also became an avid fan of zulily.com.
As always, my main goal with ABCs and Garden Peas is to offer solutions, ideas, maybe a little inspiration. I’ll never bring you a product or service I can’t stand behind, and zulily is definitely one I personally use all year round. Just ask my husband and our mail carrier! zulily not only has the exact brands I’m always looking for, but lots of new brands that I never would have found otherwise – and the prices are always unbeatable. Besides shopping zulily for almost every occasion as well as everyday kid and baby needs, I also respect their mission – helping parents budget for all things baby!
Mom’s Spending Habits
In preparation for Mother’s Day, the data team at zulily did a little research on mom’s spending habits, as well as how to save on baby needs. I got my hands on some of the survey insights they found regarding spending and saving habits when preparing for baby:
- With annual childcare costs hovering around $6,000, it’s crucial to choose (and pay!) the right person to watch your kids. Fun fact: In our survey, Julia Roberts was voted the top celeb moms would let babysit, but Kim Kardashian didn’t make the cut and was only selected by 3% of respondents.
- Raising kids can get pretty pricey, so it’s no surprise a third of mothers surveyed said they’d compete in a monthly random dance battle (32%) in exchange for free baby gear, attire, etc. (I would! Would you?)
- Almost half of mothers surveyed (45%) said the most missed pre-mom indulgence is actually having a day off.
- 33% of moms agreed that the most common squabble couples have regarding new parenting is about money.
With all the above stats, it’s no wonder moms everywhere are always on the lookout for smarter ways to spend on baby, and online retailer zulily is dedicated to helping their plight by serving up fresh, unexpected items for baby and the whole family, in fact, just in the last year customers have saved millions of dollars on baby gear items. Here’s the breakdown:
- Savings on baby blankets: over $2.4M
- Total savings on key items needed to set up a nursery: over $2.6M
- Savings on all baby feeding supplies: over $4.5M
Be sure to check back on zulily.com or on their app every morning to discover new finds, especially on Mother’s Day (May 8th) for their Moms First event, to shop everything a new mama wouldn’t want to be without.
Can you relate to the cost of bringing up baby? Pin the image below to let other moms know about zulily!