Complimentary tickets were received through our partnership with The Color Run. All opinions are my own.
The Color Run® is the largest 5K series in the world, and it’s really no wonder why. I’ve done The Color Run about 3 or 4 times now, and each time it just keeps getting better! The best thing about the event is that it’s perfect for a first 5K, since there are lots of walkers and not-so-competitive runners there, and The Color Run is an untimed 5K, so there’s no pressure. Just lots of rainbow-colored fun with friends, and a huge party at the end!
Rainbows Get Kids Running!
While you’re rounding up your team for The Color Run this year, don’t forget to invite the kiddos. If you’ve ever wondered how to get your kids running (or even if you just want a little quality time with no TV around) The Color Run is the answer! My 7-year-old will be joining me this year at The Color Run in Hershey, PA, and now that I’ve seen what’s new for this year’s Dream Tour, I couldn’t be more excited!
It’s the 6th anniversary of The Color Run, and it’s only getting better!
What’s New at The Color Run Dream Tour
Since I’m still gearing up for the race, I’m relying on my friends at The Color Run to provide the details. Here’s how they’re describing what’s new for 2017: “As participants enter the magical course, they experience the classic Color Zones and the brand new Lay’s Poppables Foam Zone, where they’re surrounded by dreamy colored foam or “clouds” as they run through the most colorful dream of all. The Dream Tour is filled with even more vibrant music across the whole course, radiant new colors, giant unicorns and the Dream Wall—a new addition to the course where runners spray paint their dreams on the wall to be seen by all.”
“We want The Color Run to bring happiness and health to people’s lives, and even be the motivator that kicks off Color Runners’ healthy lifestyles. We are excited to come to Hershey and give Color Runners the opportunity to step into a dream with us and enjoy a 5k that inspires people to get out and be active with their friends and families, all while having a blast!” said Joseph Lopez, The Color Run’s event director. “Our participants will experience an all new Foam Zone and Dream Wall, fresh photo opps, giant unicorns, tons of color and even more music across the whole course on our Dream Tour.”
Each Color Runner receives a custom race kit, including:
- a limited-edition Dream Tour race shirt
- a Unicorn Finisher’s Medal
- embroidered headband
- fun temporary tattoos
- a color-in runner’s bib
- An option to upgrade your race kit with lots of additional deluxe licensed gear!
As if all that wasn’t enough, these fun folks partner with charities across the country, too.
Since 2012, The Color Run has donated more than $5 million to charity.
My Tips for Color Runners
As a veteran of The Color Run, I do have a few tips for Color Runners that I learned along the way.
- Please wear something over your nose and mouth, especially if you’ve got kids running. This year, it’s a bandana for us. Trust me. You’ll still look like powdery rainbow, but you’ll be able to breathe.
- Bring a beach towel, tablecloth or drop cloth for your car seats. There are blowers that will get most of the powder off of you, but better safe than sorry, right?
- You’ll want your phone for photos, but you’ll also want a waterproof/colorproof case for it. One year, I even put it in a plastic sandwich bag and it worked just fine.
- Ask yourself if your best running shoes are really necessary. I like to wear an older pair, since this race is always at a fun pace for me, and I don’t care if they get rainbow-unicorn-color-blasted.
- Don’t plan to leave right away. The after-party is not to be missed!
The Color Run in Hershey, PA
We’ll be running in Hershey, PA on June 17th. If you’re not local, no worries! There are lots of other Color Run locations and dates across the country – so get those kids running! Registration is open until the day of the run, and this year’s tour will he making stops all around the globe – more than 27 countries in all!