When it’s cold outside, a cup of hot cocoa is just the thing. But if you’re looking for something a little richer, a little more decadent, a little more dessert-y, these Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Truffles just might blow your mind. They only require a few ingredients – including 2 packets of that hot chocolate mix sitting in your pantry – and they’ll fit in everywhere from your holiday party to Valentine’s Day dessert.
Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Truffles
- 1 8 oz. block of cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 packets hot chocolate mix (approximately .75 oz. each)
- 1 10 oz. bag Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers
- ¼ cup mini marshmallows
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, butter, vanilla, powdered sugar and hot chocolate mix until well blended and smooth. Scrape mixture into a bowl and place in freezer for about ½ hour. Line a small tray or plate with parchment paper. Remove mixture from freezer and scoop with a cookie dough scoop or spoon into about 12 round balls, placing each on lined tray. Place tray in freezer for about an hour.
- Melt chocolate wafers according to package directions. Remove tray from freezer and, one by one, dip balls in chocolate using a spoon to turn and coat them. (If shaped are not as round as you would like, you can roll them quickly between your hands first– but be careful not to warm them up too much.) Place dipped truffles back on parchment sheet to dry, sprinkling a few marshmallows on top of each to garnish. Drizzle with leftover chocolate, if desired. Allow chocolate to dry and serve or refrigerate. Keep for up to 1 week covered in refrigerator.
What I love most about these Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Truffles is the texture of the filling. When you crack open the thick dark chocolate coating, you’ll find a soft, creamy center that’s delicately sweet, perfectly cream-cheesy and oh-so-rich. It’s like the perfect little restaurant-style dessert that you can make at home for that special someone.
(Or for yourself. You’re worth it.)
And if you happen to have the hot chocolate packets with the little marshmallows inside, no worries. Leave them in. They only make your truffles better!
Like it? Pin it for later!