This post was brought to you by Nature’s Bounty® Earthly Elements™. I was compensated, but all opinions are my own. This post may contain affiliate links.
Not long ago, I wrote about uses for essential oils and how I rely on them to help me get through the challenging winter season. Since then, I’ve been busy stocking up and experimenting with new aromatic essential oils for the home and homemade air fresheners, linen sprays and mists.
There’s one new blend that I’m finding particularly lovely, but I wanted to use it for a few days before sharing just to make sure it really worked after it had a chance to sit and round out for a few days. I’m happy to report that I’m still using it daily, and since the kids like it, too, it’s destined to be a keeper!
Mist it on curtains, pillows, or as an uplifting room spray.
DIY Jasmine Lemongrass Linen Spray
Lemongrass: sweet, uplifting, refreshing
Jasmine: comforting, passionate, warm
Comforting and refreshing, warm and uplifting – the perfect combination to combat those dreary winter days.
- 2 oz distilled water
- scant 1/4 teaspoon vodka
- 5 drops lemongrass essential oil (the top note)
- 3 drops jasmine essential oil (the middle note)
- 2 oz. glass spray bottle
Mix ingredients together in bottle; shake to blend. Store in a cool, dark area.
- Since oils and water don’t mix, the vodka is essential to help the oils disperse more effectively.
- Tip: for an even better blend that stays dispersed with less need to shake often, add a drop or two of lecithin.
- For an extra comforting blend that wraps you in a bit of sweetness, substitute pure vanilla extract for the vodka. (The vanilla can also serve as the base note in your blend.)
- Essential oil blends often take a few days to fully meld, round out and release the true fragrance of the blend. Give your new blend a few days before you decide if you love it or not.
- Since light and plastics can break down and damage essential oils, it’s best to always store your blends in dark glass bottles. (I use these 2oz Cobalt Blue Glass Spray Bottles.)
Nature’s Bounty® Essential Oils™ are ideal for helping you experience a harmonious balance for your mind, body and wellness needs. Each essential oil has its own unique “personality” and can calm, soothe, invigorate or inspire – whatever your mood or need may be. I shared these not long ago, but I couldn’t resist sharing them again with the linen spray instructions. Which combo would help you the most?
Copyright ® 2015, Nature’s Bounty, Inc.
Use the formula in the recipe above as a starting point, and experiment with your own unique blends based on your own daily needs. Create one to calm and one to energize, or make an inspiring blend to spritz before your next meeting at work. Nature’s Bounty® Earthly Elements™ can also help bring balance to your busy life when you use them in a diffuser. Find these 100% pure and blended aromatherapy essential oils at Walmart stores nationwide, then start experimenting with your own unique combinations.
And, a little bonus tip from someone who is prone to dropping glass in a steamy bathroom (oops…) – wrap your glass bottles with a little twine and a dot of hot glue to make them much more grippable and much less slippable. Plus, they look pretty!
Share Your Opinion, Get $5.00!
Nature’s Bounty Earthly Elements would love for you to participate in a quick 10-minute online survey. In thanks, the first 100 people to fully complete the survey will receive a $5.00 Walmart Gift Card. (U.S. citizens only, must be 18 years or older to participate).