This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
For a while, I forgot about music. I’m not proud, but it’s true. I was working a lot, never home. Listening to music just fell to the bottom of the way-too-long to-do list. But I’m happy to report that due to an unexpected love affair with my new wireless bluetooth speaker, music has found it’s rightful place in our home again…just in time for the holidays! (Here it is…but I’ll tell you more about it a little further down.)
I’m so glad we got the beat back because I’ve never seen my kids laugh and giggle the way they do during a full-on, all-out dance party! Their favorite way to bust a move is with holiday music (naturally, since it’s almost December) and I really think it helps them burn off some of that crazy pre-Christmas energy.
I’m not really a mushball about most things, but watching my kids get down to my childhood favorites gets me a bit choked up, so I’ve put together a list of my very favorite holiday albums – some I loved as a kid, some I loved as an adult, some that are just plain classic. What do they all share? Family-friendly fun and a place in pop culture history!
What’s Playing In Our House:
1. The Ally McBeal Christmas Album: A Very Ally Christmas – Robert Downey Jr. sings Joni Mitchell’s River. ‘Nuff said. And The Man with the Bag, my favorite Christmas song, is part of the lineup!
2. A Very She & Him Christmas – Gotta loove Zooey Deschanel, but let’s not overlook M. Ward. The “It” duo is perfect together.
3. 80s Wonderland – Featuring everyone from Hall and Oates and RUN DMC to Eddie Money and The Pointer Sisters. Not that I am old enough to remember who those people are…
4. A Charlie Brown Christmas (The Vince Guaraldi Trio) – the original soundtrack recording of the CBS Television special
5. A Sesame Street Christmas – Rule of life: Sesame Street is always good.
6. Christmas with the Chipmunks – Does it get any more classic? Sing with me, “Hula hooooooop!”
7. Hark! The Ultimate Tribute to the Beatles – Classic Christmas songs performed in a Beatles style. Um, BUH-rilliant!
8. Willie Nelson: The Classic Christmas Album – You caught me. I love some good Willie.
9. A Very Special Christmas, Vol. 1 – Multiple volumes are available, with proceeds directly benefiting Special Olympics. This first one includes The Eurythmics, Mellencamp, RUN DMC and more. Start collecting now and ask for one in your stocking each year!
Now, about that speaker I mentioned…
For a while, I was trying some pretty odd tricks to try and turn my phone into an actual music machine. I bought some weird plastic ball with a slot for my phone. (It didn’t work.) I put my phone in a mason jar. (It didn’t work.) I tried just carrying my phone around with the volume up high. (That was just annoying.)
And then the #CollectiveBias #GiftingAudio campaign started, featuring JBL Flip 2 Speakers – and I fell head over heels. Like, for real. It’s a real speaker, unlike the hacks I was trying, and it’s completely portable, wireless and bluetooth ready, with an impressive battery life. I am not a fan of complicated tech toys, so the ease of use with this speaker really won me over. It’s totally self-explanatory (but does come with instructions.)
Plus, it’s just cute (which matters) and adds such a nice ambiance to my office without taking up much room. Since it’s small and wireless, I can just pick the speaker up and take it to the playroom when the kids want to shake, shake, shake. It fills the entire room with great sound quality!
These exact speakers, along with the entire JBL Holiday Gift Guide, are currently sold online through JBL.com with FREE Ground Shipping and returns. (Thanks, JBL.com, because with the way my husband was eyeing my Flip 2, I think I’d better show up with one on Christmas morning!)
Surprise! Make your home a little more merry with a wireless Flip 2 of your own!