Well, hello there! Allow me to introduce myself… I’m the newest member of the Intel Tablets Team!
As much as I love my laptop, mobile devices have gained a very special place in my heart because they allow me to stay on-the-go and connected to my clients, my blog and my family. That means more freedom and flexibility when I’m with my kids (which is most days) and peace of mind when I’m not. I’ve always relied on my phone over a tablet, but when Intel asked me to give their ASUS MeMO Pad 7 a go, I jumped. Why? Because while the laptop is too big to travel, most phones are too small to actually work on. So, the ASUS MeMO Pad’s 7″ LED Backlight display is the perfect bowl of porridge for this Goldilocks.
The season coming at us is a chaotic one, and work doesn’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon. Couple that with all the personal planning I need to do for our family and household, and this tablet will be put to use for one thing more than any other: helpful apps. I hate to admit that I’m *kind of* an app junkie, but when you find the right ones, there’s no denying how much easier they can make things like shopping, couponing, organizing and finding the things you need.
The Best Apps for the Season
If you want to find the good stuff, ask a blogger. It’s true, for the most part. So it’s a good thing I have a whole bunch of blogger friends who were willing to give me their best app recommendations for the coming holiday season! I picked a few of my own faves and loaded up my tablet with a few new ones, too, just in time for the merry madness.
1. Cartwheel – My personal must-have, can’t-live-without, favorite app. If you shop at Target, you will die without Cartwheel. Ok, you won’t die. But when you find out those shoes you just bought were 30% off and you missed it, you might want to. Easy to navigate, totally user-friendly and even fun, Cartwheel needs to be on your device. And don’t forget to look for the daily 50% off toy – there’s one each day until Christmas!
2. Wrapp App – This app was recommended to me by Shari from MomShar.com. It lets you earn free gift cards and rewards along with personalized offers from the brands you want. The app comes with a credit card, and it could very well be the only one you need.
3. PBS Kids Video – “Watch videos from your favorite PBS series anytime, anywhere in the USA.” You’re in line, you have a cart full of stuff, your kids melts down. This app will save. your. day. (Although all kids are different, so just make sure you have some app, any app, that you can use as a secret weapon when those pivotal moments hit.
4. Evernote – Available in free or paid versions, Everynote lets you find, collect, and organize all the information you need. Imagine all your daily projects and to-do lists synched across all your devices. That’s Evernote!
5. ibotta – Coupons, schmoupons. Ibotta pays you cash for everyday purchases. Just unlock the rebates you want before you shop, then purchase products and verify on the app. Get your cash (cash!) back through Paypal, or choose a gift card. Money is great. Money back for shopping? Even greater.
6. Pose – “The place to celebrate and shop unique style.” Pose is a fashion-minded community where you can find and exchange style inspiration and one-0f-a-kind products. Reminds me of Instagram, without all the food. The holiday season is full of parties, events, and opportunities to run into those people you don’t see all year long, so you’ve got to look and feel your best! Plus, photos. Photos everywhere! Get Pose and get inspired.
7. Instagram – But please don’t take that comment above as a slam on IG. It’s my favorite social media channel, and the one I keep up with the most while shopping, cooking, and prepping for the holidays. It really is where all the cool kids hang out, so it’s THE place for inspiration, no matter the season. (Plus, it’s super easy to keep up with my blogging commitments on the run. Tagging brands and friends is so simple, and to me, sharing seems more effective on Instagram than anywhere else.
Having this ASUS tablet as my sidekick is already keeping me more organized and connected, especially since it’s a nice portable size that fits in my purse or diaper bag, but is big enough to watch a video or movie comfortably on the screen. The best part of all? Now when the kids want a PBS show during a long shopping trip, they can use my ASUS tablet and I can keep my phone to use Cartwheel or whatever I need. Since it’s a value tablet, it’s definitely the perfect choice for a second or backup device. But don’t worry, it doesn’t act like a value tablet. And you’ll even have the cool bonus of a Micro-SD slot with support for up to 32GB extra storage and additional webstorage space. If you’re a hoarder like me, that’s a feather in the Intel cap, for sure.
Do I like to unplug once in a while? You bet I do. And making my online time as efficient as possible is what gives me the time to do it more often. I’ll be sharing a little more about my ASUS tablet and my #IntelTablets Team experience in the coming months, so stay tuned for a very appy holiday season!
Do you prefer a laptop, mobile phone or tablet? What’s your favorite app? I’d love more to add to my list!
#spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Intel. This could include the Intel Corporation providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.