There isn’t much in this world that can compare to the calming, comforting effects of a warm cup of fragrant green tea, brewed just right and lightly sweetened with a bit of honey. But I know what you’re thinking – What about right in the middle of summer? It’s too hot for tea!
I’m one step ahead of you.
More about those in a moment…
3-Ingredient Mango Green Tea Granita
- 4 cups water
- 3 green tag bags (we recommend The Republic of Tea Serenity Super Green Tea)
- 2 ripe mangos
- 2-3 tablespoons honey, to taste
- To steep tea, heat 4 cups fresh water just short of boiling. Infuse bags in hot water for 3-5 minutes.
- Add honey to tea; stir, and allow to cool to room temperature. In the meantime, peel and slice mangos. Add mango slices to tea and puree in a blender or smoothie maker. Pour mixture into a shallow pan and freeze.
- After 30 minutes, scrape through mixture thoroughly with a fork to break up frozen pieces. Return to freezer. Repeat the scraping process every 30 minutes for 2-3 hours until you have a texture similar to Italian ice. Scoop and serve. (Granita can be frozen up to 24 hours longer before serving, but will need to be softened to scoop.)
See, you can do that, right? Just whizz, freeze and scrape. Nothing too fancy here.
Totally easy, and you’ll swoon over the fragrant, fruity and slightly floral flavor that magically happens when you combine Serenity’s calming lavender, matcha and holy basil with a bit of honey and fresh pureed mango. Serve it with a thin slice of mango in the bowl and it’s truly heavenly. And when you consider all the good things you’re doing for your body, you just might want to start a second batch right away.
About The Republic of Tea
I was familiar with The Republic of Tea before our team met in NYC, but I learned so much more in our meeting. They are completely devoted to making healthy lifestyle choices easier, and they pride themselves in making superior quality teas that are not only delicious, but functional, too. They seriously care about your “tea moment” and want to make sure that if you make the time for tea, they make it worth your body’s while.
The Republic of Tea has a brand new collection of SuperGreen Teas that brings you all of the mind/body benefits of green tea in flavors that will make you want to pour again and again, without tasting harsh or medicinal. Each SuperGreen Tea varietal is 100% USDA Certified organic, kosher, gluten-free and in the process of undergoing Non-GMO Project verification.
Like all of their teas, the new SuperGreen Teas are packed in airtight steel tins to keep the teas fresh and prevent oxidation of the matcha (finely ground green tea powder.) The tins are super cute for gifting and sturdy enough to repurpose for planting or kids’ crafts. In addition to Serenity used in our recipe, The Republic of Tea also offers:
- Immunity SuperGreen Tea – Arm the body’s defense system in sickness and in health by delivering a double dose of green tea goodness along with echinacea and elderflower to help stimulate the immune system.* A hint of orange flavor.
- Brain Boost SuperGreen Tea – Intended for cognitive health, this tea clears the mind and may enhance brain performance. In addition to caffeine, this blend’s ginkgo biloba can help keep memory sharp.* Deep berry flavor with a touch of honey.
- Lean Green SuperGreen Tea – Designed to assist with weight loss, SuperGreen Lean Green Tea features green tea and matcha to rev metabolism, combined with cinnamon which can suppress appetite, alleviate cravings and maintain blood sugar levels. Garcinia cambogia fruit, which studies have shown inhibits fat production, is also inside.*
*None of the above statements have been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intent to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Fill Your Cup
Enter to Win!
Our generous friends at The Republic of Tea are letting me choose one reader to receive all four flavors from the SuperGreen Tea Collection! (Lean Green, Immunity, Serenity and Brain Boost). Each tin retails for $13; MSRP $52. Enter using the easy Rafflecopter form below. Good luck!