Tag Archives: holiday
We’ve all been there. You make lists and shop and plan for weeks (months, maybe?) only to find yourself in a pickle when your brother’s new girlfriend stops by, or you realize at the last minute that you’re the only one without a gift for the teacher.
Or maybe you forgot to get your husband something. Hey, it happens…
Here a list of some never-fail gifts that you can give to almost anyone, male or female, from the mail carrier to your secret Santa swappee. Just keep a couple wrapped up with a bow in your closet and excuse yourself for a moment if/when an unexpected gift-giving situation arises. (Tie a blank tag on each and stash a pen in there, too.)
You’ll be Ms. Perfectly Prepared, and look like you never missed a thing. (And if you don’t use them? They’re all awesome enough to keep for yourself, too!)
1. Klean Kanteen stainless steel water bottle
2. A leatherbound journal
3. A Tervis tumbler
4. An entertainment book filled with coupons for local stores, restaurants, etc. You can often get these from community groups, boy scouts, etc.
5. A gift certificate for a local oil change (I LOVE this gift!)
6. Reusable bamboo lunch utensils (like those from To-Go Ware)
7. A gas station gift card tie to a bottle of dashboard wipes
8. 2 canning jars, one with a Cuppow lunchbox adaptor and one with a Cuppow drinking lid
9. Texting gloves (Make sure they’re good quality. Crappy gloves are kind of a crappy gift.)
10. A gift certificate for movie tickets and a box of Junior Mints
11. An assortment of all-natural candies (think The Lovely Candy Co.) in a mason jar tied with a seasonal bow. Add a toothbrush if you’re feeling funny.
12. A grocery store gift card wrapped up in a reusable shopping bag
13. 2 bars of really good quality organic, fair trade chocolate – one plain, one exotic (like a chocolate quinoa bar!)
14. A bottle of spiced apple wine. (If you can get local, do it! It gives your gift a story.) Maybe add a nice bottle opener, if budget allows.
15. An Oxfam donation. There may be no bigger gift than a goat for someone who really needs a goat. They even offer a printable gift card option on their website.
16. A set of Toockies fair trade scrub dish cloths - your purchase helps support artisans in India. They’re made of organic cotton and can be recycled as potting mesh.
17. A gift certificate for a local eatery (make sure it’s one you like, just in case)
18. A set of glass straws from Glass Dharma
19. A set of Facebook Like and Dislike Stamps , along with instructions not to actually stamp them ON people.
20. A whole buncha lottery tickets stuck in a box of tissues (to cry in, of course!) LMAO!
What would you add to the list?
I have clear childhood memories of browsing the holiday selection at my local Hallmark Store. As soon as they were unveiled for the season, I would go in and marvel at the ornaments, carefully choosing which ones I would put on my wishlist. Since I always wanted to be a baker, I usually chose the ones that featured holiday cookies or kitchen utensils. And the Barbies…oh, the Barbies. Continue reading
It’s sad, but true. Zombies are eating my brain.
They really are. I blame them for lots of things that have been happening lately.
The countless leftovers I’ve left sitting on the counter all night long. My throwing a brand new sweater right into the super hot dryer. The wrong turn I took the other day that made me late for work.
…and the fact that I didn’t even realize I had the opportunity to offer a giveaway for 25 holiday cards when I did my Shutterfly post!
It’s the zombies, I tell you.
But my cerebral misfortune is your gain, because now I’m going to give them away in a superfast giveaway! 4 days only! (Time is of the essence when it come to holiday cards in November, after all!)
Enter in the comments section below to win 25 holiday photo cards from Shutterfly, my favorite place to order photo products online! (There will be TWO winners!) Just visit Shutterfly and leave me a link to your favorite card.
***This giveaway is closed. Random.org tells me that my winners are Julie with comment #16 and Danielle with comment #2! Thanks for entering, ladies!
For optional extra entries, follow me via GFC, Facebook and/or Twitter using the buttons in my sidebar, or tweet about this giveaway with a link once per day. (Make sure to leave your email address and corresponding usernames so I can confirm your follows, and the URL to your unique tweets. Thanks!)
Total possible entries = 8, including daily tweets. Good luck!…and look out for zombies. Those things are trouble.
Giveaway will end in only FOUR days on November 15th. I’ll choose winners via Random.org. I will notify winners via email, winners will have 48 hours to confirm win or new winners will be chosen.