Uh oh. Valentine’s Day is only a few days away, and you still don’t have a gift. Well, procrastinators rejoice! I’m sharing 5 gift ideas that have absolutely no “last minute” feel and are sure to leave your sweetie feeling lovestruck. Continue reading
Tag Archives: gift ideas
We’ve all been there. You make lists and shop and plan for weeks (months, maybe?) only to find yourself in a pickle when your brother’s new girlfriend stops by, or you realize at the last minute that you’re the only one without a gift for the teacher.
Or maybe you forgot to get your husband something. Hey, it happens…
Here a list of some never-fail gifts that you can give to almost anyone, male or female, from the mail carrier to your secret Santa swappee. Just keep a couple wrapped up with a bow in your closet and excuse yourself for a moment if/when an unexpected gift-giving situation arises. (Tie a blank tag on each and stash a pen in there, too.)
You’ll be Ms. Perfectly Prepared, and look like you never missed a thing. (And if you don’t use them? They’re all awesome enough to keep for yourself, too!)
1. Klean Kanteen stainless steel water bottle
2. A leatherbound journal
3. A Tervis tumbler
4. An entertainment book filled with coupons for local stores, restaurants, etc. You can often get these from community groups, boy scouts, etc.
5. A gift certificate for a local oil change (I LOVE this gift!)
6. Reusable bamboo lunch utensils (like those from To-Go Ware)
7. A gas station gift card tie to a bottle of dashboard wipes
8. 2 canning jars, one with a Cuppow lunchbox adaptor and one with a Cuppow drinking lid
9. Texting gloves (Make sure they’re good quality. Crappy gloves are kind of a crappy gift.)
10. A gift certificate for movie tickets and a box of Junior Mints
11. An assortment of all-natural candies (think The Lovely Candy Co.) in a mason jar tied with a seasonal bow. Add a toothbrush if you’re feeling funny.
12. A grocery store gift card wrapped up in a reusable shopping bag
13. 2 bars of really good quality organic, fair trade chocolate – one plain, one exotic (like a chocolate quinoa bar!)
14. A bottle of spiced apple wine. (If you can get local, do it! It gives your gift a story.) Maybe add a nice bottle opener, if budget allows.
15. An Oxfam donation. There may be no bigger gift than a goat for someone who really needs a goat. They even offer a printable gift card option on their website.
16. A set of Toockies fair trade scrub dish cloths - your purchase helps support artisans in India. They’re made of organic cotton and can be recycled as potting mesh.
17. A gift certificate for a local eatery (make sure it’s one you like, just in case)
18. A set of glass straws from Glass Dharma
19. A set of Facebook Like and Dislike Stamps , along with instructions not to actually stamp them ON people.
20. A whole buncha lottery tickets stuck in a box of tissues (to cry in, of course!) LMAO!
What would you add to the list?
Need a last minute gift idea?
If you’ve ever ordered prints from Shutterfly, chances are good that you might have a few of these laying around:
Guess what they are PERFECT for?
I had this locket for years, but I never knew where to get a tiny locket picture!
Until now… <<lightbulb!>>
Lockets are easy enough to find, so if you’re looking for a last minute gift for a mom, grandma, sister, daughter, or anyone, really, I think this makes a truly special keepsake. And it only takes a few minutes to personalize it with your own little photos!
I’ve been wearing mine for about a week now, and I can’t even count how many times I’ve looked at it! Sure, I could look at my little man’s picture on my phone whenever I want, but this way just makes me feel like he’s just a little closer to my heart.