As we head into our first school year, I am realizing that I just might have a few more minutes to devote to things like sleep, hydration, healthy snack options, etc. (Don’t laugh…I know it won’t be much time with a toddler still at home.) But after letting my own self-care slide down the priority list all summer, I’m ready to get this booty in gear again!
My #FeelGooder Playlist
Step #1: Getting my exercise routine back up and running. Quite literally, as I’m planning to run the Hershey Half Marathon again this year and I am not ready. I think I can do it – I just need some serious self-motivation. What helps me the most when I’m dragging my bum down the road? A great running playlist. When I’m lagging, feelgood music makes me beat feet like nothing else!
Here’s my currrent playlist, with some proven oldies and some new faves that get my mojo moving. I hope you find something that might help you, too!
- Work B**ch – Britney Spears
- MMMBop – Hanson
- Uptown Funk – Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars
- Doin’ Dirt – Maroon 5
- Ain’t it Fun – Paramore
- Michael Jackson – Smooth Criminal
- Everybody Talks – Neon Trees
- Sex on Wheelz – My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult
- Headhunter – Front 242
- Eminem – Lose Yourself
- Pat Benetar – All Fired Up
- Spin Doctors – Two Princes
- Black-Eyed Peas – Boom Boom Pow
- Pink – So What
- Michael Jackson – Don’t Stop Till You Get Enough
- Maneater – Nelly Furtado
- Missy Elliot – Get Ur Freak On
- Run–D.M.C. – It’s Tricky
- Kid Rock – Bawitdaba
- Toxic – Britney Spears
- Kanye West – Stronger
- Beyonce – Ring the Alarm
- Pitbull (Feat. Ke$ha) – Timber
- Beastie Boys – Sabotage
- Christina Aguilera – Dirty
- The Cure – Friday I’m in Love
- Blur – Girls and Boys
- (Cooldown song) Stay – Thirty Seconds to Mars
Ready to run? Good!