This post about eco-friendly accessories was brought to you by Sprout timepieces. Sprout provided a sample product to facilitate my review. All opinions are my own and honest based on my experience with the product.
Hey, it’s Earth Day! You didn’t think I’d let this one go by without sharing a great eco-friendly company (and deal!) did you? In the name of all things green, I’d like to introduce you to Sprout®, the makers of beautifully sustainable timepieces for the eco-conscious consumer! (That’s you…and me!)
Sprout sent me a sunny yellow watch with a cork band and corn resin face, and it’s the most comfortable watch I’ve ever owned. I was worried about the sturdiness of the cork, but it’s very strong and the unique look of it won me over immediately. I’m digging the refreshing pop of color it gives my spring wardrobe. Now, when I forget to wear it, I feel like a glass of water without my lemon! 🙂
Yeah, I know. You might think you don’t really need a watch, since you’ve got that smartphone and all. BUT, everyone knows that watches are great for so much more than just telling time. They’re stylish accessories that can really add to your overall look. (And I should know. I wore FOUR of them up my arm through the 80s! lol!)
Sprout isn’t just any watch company. They product eco-friendly timepieces in beautiful, vibrant designs using materials you can feel good about wearing:
- Biodegradable Corn Resin: A bio-based, renewable resource that is 99% biodegradable within 365 days.
- Swarovski Crystals: Created sing a patented lead-free formula that is in compliance with all international standards.
- Natural Mother of Pearl: Declared through the US Dept of Fish & Wildlife and never from endangered species.
- Organic Cotton: Grown using methods and materials that have a low impact on the environment.
- Natural Bamboo: One of the world’s most sustainable resources.
- Cork: A highly sustainable resource that is both biodegradable and renewable.
- Recycled Fibers: Sprout packaging is made from at least 80% post consumer fibers.
All Sprout watches are in compliance with the CPSIA and are lead and phthalate-free. They also use exclusively mercury-free batteries in all watches.
Here are a few of my other favorites from Sprout. The one with the sparrow is on my wish list of Mother’s Day gifts!
The line of watches from Sprout includes styles for men, women and children. To celebrate their 4th birthday (on Earth Day!), Sprout will be relaunching their Instagram account, so be sure to follow them for sales, news and other fun surprises!