If you’re a parent, mac and cheese is probably among the top 5 in your bag of dinner tricks. It’s always a crowd pleaser, and it’s an easy dinner recipe that gets some protein in the kids’ bellies. If you’re like me, you might even try to add some peas or a little broccoli to get some veg in there. Once in a while–like when I need party or game day food–I love to spice things up a little with a zingy mac and cheese recipe that packs the pop of fresh jalapeños. If you’re in on the pressure cooker recipe craze, you’ll love this Jalapeño Mac & Cheese because it takes exactly FOUR minutes of cooking time.Great for game day! 10-minute Jalapeño Mac & Cheese – an easy pressure cooker recipe! Click To Tweet
Jalapeño Mac and Cheese: easy pressure cooker recipe
- 1 lb pasta (I recommend elbows, penne, rotini or small shells)
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dry hot mustard powder
- 3 large jalapeño peppers, cleaned, seeded and diced
- ½ teaspoon of salt (more or less, to taste)
- ground pepper, to taste
- 2½ cups shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Add pasta, water, mustard powder, salt, pepper and ⅔ of the diced jalapeño peppers to pressure cooker. Stir to combine. Lock the lid on the pot and set to cook for 4 minutes on high. Once finished, release pressure carefully and remove lid.
- Add cheese, butter, milk and cream; stir well to combine until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining diced peppers and additional cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
Try adding crumbled bacon, chopped ham or diced tomatoes.
Quick, cheesy and oh-so-easy!
Need more easy pressure cooker recipes? Try these:
Thanks for stopping by, and happy cooking!