Thanks to Huggies for sponsoring this article on time-saving parenting tips. All opinions are my own. Read on to see how to save $12 when buying Huggies diapers online.
So, you know how we’re kind of a green-leaning family? Yeah, we try. A lot, actually. But I have a confession to make. About a week ago, I left one of my cloth diapers sit for so long before washing that I had no choice but to burn it. We couldn’t even leave it in the trash. I just got distracted and overwhelmed and forgetful and, well, if you’re a mom, I’m sure you know what I mean. I was already starting to question the way I’ve been living, but the loss of one of my prized hempies was a little bit of a turning point. As much as I’d like to be SuperMom, I’m just not.
It’s time for me to start pulling out my best time-saving tricks. It’s great to have goals, but sometimes when those goals take over (like staying up late at night canning pears because you got a great deal at the local orchard) , you have to make in-the-moment compromises (like ordering out so the family doesn’t revolt on you.) It’s all a juggling act, really, and we all have our own priorities.
But one thing is pretty universal: Moms are busy 24/7 and finding things that make your life easier is priceless.
So in the spirit of sharing, here are a few of the simple, everyday time-saving tips that work for me.
1. Be a list maker. I know, this one is kind of obvious. But if you had ANY IDEA how much time I spend forgetting things… Seriously, write them down. And don’t lose the list (duh.) This tip comes directly from an old coworker who was a phenomenal list maker back in the days when I remembered everything about everything and thought writing lists was a waste of time. Boy, was I wrong.
2. Make it automatic. Auto bill pay! Do yourself a favor and sign up. It doesn’t seem like a big timesuck, but all that time writing out checks and stamping envelopes (especially when kids are tugging at your pant leg) is time that could be better spent doing ANYTHING else. Wait, am I the only one who was still writing checks?
3. Get preppy. Whether you’re committed to a real food lifestyle or not, we can all agree that healthy choices are an important addition to any kitchen. Dedicate one afternoon to washing and cutting fruits and veggies and keeping them in the fridge, ready to grab and go. You’ll not only save time throughout the week, but you’ll avoid the dreaded, “But MOM, I’m hungry NOW!” and recipe prep will be a breeze, too.
4. Hand over the reigns. Lots of major grocery chains are offering pick-up services now, where you create your shopping list online and then just drive through to pick up your order. If your local store does it, check it out! I kind of have the inside scoop from a previous employer, and they truly are careful with your produce and they don’t squish your bread. I promise. And it’s more than worth the small fee charged if your little ones are at the stage where they wreak havoc in public (like, between 18 months and 10 years or so.)
5. Get it delivered! Pick up is great, but it’s even better when your everyday essentials are delivered right to your door! A total lifesaver in those days when buttoning up your nursing shirt is often forgotten (oops, sorry UPS guy!) and showers are pure gold. Diapers.com offers a convenient and timesaving way to get mom and baby must-haves, like the Huggies diapers I just ordered, without the hassle.
Yup, I’m bending the green rules, and learning to cut myself a little slack. And I think that just might be the best parenting advice of all. Plus, back in the day before we ever made the switch to cloth, Huggies were the diapers that fit our baby best with reliable leg elastic that truly prevented leaks, and now they have a new and improved fit.
• TheNEW design includes Double Grip Strips that fasten at four points, for a better fit that provides your baby with a hug that lasts.
• The stretchy SnugFit Waistband helps HUGGIES® Little Movers Diapers stay in place.
• Our absorbent LEAK LOCK® Technology gives your baby up to 12 hours of leak protection.
• Adorable © Disney designs feature Mickey and Minnie
Save $12 on any Huggies Diaper Case at Diapers.com
The baby selection at Diapers.com includes more than 1,411 items! No lines. No heavy bags. No driving. Just the products that keep your life in balance, conveniently shipped to your door faster and easier than any errand you’ve done before, at great prices. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
To redeem this offer, just visit Diapers.com and use code WOWHUGGIES at checkout with your purchase of a case of Huggies diapers. Offer is good for any Huggies case found on the campaign landing page. First time users only.