What could be more fun than a sweet, salty, crunchy, coconutty popcorn treat? For this year’s Easter snack at daycare, we’re making HOPcorn!
And, as always, it’s 100% free of artificial food dyes. Happy snacking!
Toasted Coconut Hopcorn
- 7 cups air-popped popcorn (or 2 bags if using microwave popcorn)
- 1 generous pinch sea salt
- 12 oz. white chocolate, chopped for melting (We love Callebaut!)
- juice of one carrot
- 2 cups coconut, lightly toasted
- 1 bag (5 oz.) SunMaid Strawberry Greek Yogurt Raisins
- 1 bag (5 oz.) Simply Balanced Blueberry Greek Yogurt Raisins (Find them at Target!)
After popcorn is popped, spread it out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the coconut. Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave (if using microwave, melt in 30 second intervals to prevent scorching.) Once melted, drizzle half of popcorn mixture with white chocolate using a spoon or piping bag.
Add just a touch of sea salt to the whole sheet. Sprinkle with more coconut and both types of raisin while chocolate is still wet. (You may not use all the raisins. 2 whole bags is a lot.)
Add carrot juice little by little to remaining white chocolate until you reach your desired shade of orange. Again, drizzle chocolate over popcorn mixture using a spoon or piping bag. Top with any remaining coconut.
Once dry, break up into pieces. Enjoy!