With New Year’s Eve just days away, I know a lot of you are planning parties! If you’re entertaining a crowd, it’s always a good idea to offer a few options that will work for those party guests with different dietary preferences. From the veg crowd to those with intolerances to things like dairy or gluten, there’s bound to be at least a guest or two at your shindig who will appreciate your efforts to create a well-rounded buffet!
One party food that just never fails is pizza. Sure, it’s casual, but it can also dress up quite nicely when the occasion calls for something a little higher end. We’ve been getting to know Russo’s Gluten-Free Pizza lately, since their famous restaurant pizza is now available in the frozen aisle! You may have heard of Russo’s if you’re from Texas, NY or one of the other states that Russo’s is expanding into (they’re even opening franchises in places as far away as Dubai and Saudi Arabia!) But, lucky for us, the quality and great taste of Russo’s is now available in select grocery stores around the country – AND they’re gluten-free!
Taste the Tradition in Every Bite. Expanding our tradition of artisanal baking, Russo’s now offers a complete line of the best-tasting, gluten-free pizzas in today’s market place. With our passion for freshness and quality, your customers can now take home the authentic Italian flavors perfected by Chef Russo. ~nypizzeria.com
Chef Russo offers artisanal-quality, thin crust, gluten-free pizza in the following varieties:
- New York-Style Cheese – Our classic New York style thin crust cheese pizza made with house made pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Uncured Pepperoni – New York-style thin crust pizza loaded with pepperoni, shredded mozzarella cheese and Chef Russo’s house made pizza sauce.
- Mulberry – Italian sausage, perfectly spicy pepperoni, Canadian bacon, crumbled hamburger, mozzarella cheese and full-flavored pizza sauce.
- Margherita – A classic style pizza made with olive oil garlic sauce, fresh roma tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Chicken Rustica – Grilled chicken, spinach, full-flavored roma tomatoes, basil, mozzarella cheese, feta cheese and garlic with extra virgin olive oil.
- Greek – Fresh spinach, juicy roma tomatoes, Italian black olives, fresh feta and mozzarella cheese, garlic and extra virgin olive oil.
The single most important factor for me in any product is the integrity of the ingredients, and that’s my favorite aspect of Russo’s as a company. They are committed to using quality, all-natural ingredients, as you can see on their panel (this one is the Margherita):
Nice, right? Nothing but natural ingredients that you would expect to find in a pizza (as it should be!)
But when it comes down to it, the most important thing really is taste right? A pizza can mean well, but if it doesn’t taste good, there are a million others ready to take its place. Well, no worries, Russo’s. We love you! These pizzas are piled high with flavorful ingredients and the crust is always crispy and delicious with just a quick turn in the oven. My favorite is the Greek, and my husband loves the Mulberry. If we had to make any suggestions, we might tweak the Margherita just a bit (it had just a tad too much olive oil for our taste) but overall, if you’re a thin crust lover, you won’t find a better gluten-free option out there.
(Here’s a pic of the yummy Chicken Rustica, just in case you need a little extra convincing…)
So whether you’re entertaining a crowd or just entertaining your own pizza cravings, Russo’s has you covered with all natural, gluten-free pizzas that are perfect for any occasion.
Happy new year, indeed!
Learn more about Chef Anthony Russo and Russo’s Pizza here.