My husband’s been telling me for a while that we need to run a humidifier. He was all, “Hey, we need a humidifier” and I was all, “Yeah, whatever.” And then I got pregnant and completely freaked out at the thought of a stuffy nose (seriously – congestion sparked panic attacks that would. not. quit.)
So I gave in. And then I was all, “Wow! Why didn’t we do this sooner!?”
A humidifier emits a fine mist of water into your living space, adding moisture to the air. Just water. No salts, oils or vapors necessary. It’s that simple, but I had no idea until recently how important that small amount of water can be. During the winter months, I often have problems with my nose (nosebleeds) and my skin (dry, flaky, itchy) and this year was the first that I wasn’t bothered by any of those issues! Did you know that a humidifier can even help prevent damage to your furniture from your home’s dry heat?
And when I finally did end up with the cold that I just knew I’d get at 8 months pregnant? My congestion decreased dramatically once we welcomed Oscar, the Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier from Crane.
I wouldn’t have believed it before I met Oscar, but I made it through my late-pregnancy cold without one dose of medication thanks to that cool mist. I know it helped my son too, since he was fighting a cold for a few weeks and immediately slept more soundly, free from coughs and congestion, after a few nights with Oscar.
Winter may be over now, but spring is here and that means allergies. The increased air moisture of a humidifier can help with the coughing and sinus irritation that come with the pollen season, so we plan to keep our humidifier out year-round. A good thing, since he’s too cute to be boxed up in the closet!
Why choose Crane over other humidifiers?
- 1 gallon water tank runs whisper quiet up to 24 hours (It really is super quiet.)
- Mists up to 2.1 gallons of moisture per day
- Effectively humidifies rooms up to 250 square feet
- Auto shutoff safety sensor
- Uses less energy than a standard household light bulb
- Sets up in minutes, and includes clear directions on where to put water and where NOT to put water, printed right on the body of the humidifier itself. This is valuable if you’re like me and don’t like to read the manual right away.
- Easy to clean with a little white vinegar and warm water, which is recommended once a week.
- Does not require a filter (but a demineralization filter is available if you’d like to use it. We did because we use well water.)
- Available in more than a dozen animal “adorables”! Not into animals? There’s a cool drop shape, too.
Running our Crane humidifier offers us a really healthy, natural and effective alternative to cold and allergy medications, and it’s safe and beneficial for kids, babies, and even pets! Because we were so impressed with Oscar, we adopted Elliot the Elephant, too!