Yes, I can be a bit of a Grinch. I’m not sure why, really, but I’m just not that into Christmas.
I’m hoping my views change as my son gets older, but the consumer madness (coupled with short, dark days full of ice and snow) really gets me down. I much prefer the lovely “bloomy” feeling of spring!
But yesterday, a few things happened that lifted me a bit from my funk and, yes, I just may have felt a twinge of holiday happiness! (But if you tell anyone I said that, I’ll totally deny it!)
1. The local radio station played my Flashback Friday request first, so I got to ROCK OUT to Paul Simon’s Me and Julio on my commute–just me and my big cup of gingerbread decaf! (Usually, it’s Sesame Street or Signing Time songs…over and over and over…)
2. My husband was off with Little Man while I was at the office. Not really a good thing in itself (bummed me out a little), but when I got home, I found out that my two favorite boys took a field trip to a Fair Trade Fair at the local university and brought me back some chocolate! Lots of points for the dada today. He rocked it.
3. The office Holiday
Cookie BEER Exchange! Glancing around our biggest meeting room and seeing 24 cases of festive microbrews, imports (and even a homebrew or two) definitely helped with my humbuggery! I now have a lovely mixed case of 24 different beers, and I’m finally at a point with breastfeeding where I feel OK about splitting one unique bottle each night with my husband. Look out! I’m back on the sauce! (Yeah, um, not really. But sampling new beers sure beats the cookies of years past…bleh!)
4. Little Man learned something new that just melted me into a puddle. I said “Kiss, kiss” and he leaned his forehead toward my mouth, so I could kiss it, then erupted into giggles once I did. He did it, like, a hundred times. Too cute!
So, since happiness is a’brewin over here, I’m going to pass a little of it along to you! I happen to have a brand new one-size Kawaii pocket diaper in white, and since we can’t use velcro anymore (he’s figured out how to pull it off! ) I’m going to give it away!
Just leave me a comment here letting me know one good thing that made a recent day really happy, holiday-related or not. Make them good ones, folks – we still have a few weeks of this holiday stuff to get through, and I need the inspiration!
- Follow me on Twitter @ABCGP and tweet this giveaway (may tweet up to 2x daily. At least one hour apart, please!) Leave me a comment with tweet URL for each. Here’s a tweet to get you started: ‘Tis the season to win a one size Kawaii #clothdiaper at ABCs and Garden Peas! Ends 12/30. http://wp.me/pTRQh-xJ
- Mention this giveaway on your blog and/or post about it on a forum where cloth mamas might see it! Leave me a comment with a link (2 entries for this one if you do both.)
- Like ABCs and Garden Peas on Facebook! (1 entry)
Entries will be open through the end of day on Thursday, Dec 30th. Winner will be chosen using Random.org and notified via email on Friday, Dec 31th. Winner will have 48 hours to claim prize via email or a new winner will be chosen. This contest is open to EVERYONE! Good Luck!